Thursday, February 12, 2009

Cancun!!!!!

For those of you who don't know, we are in Cancun right now. We decided to take the plunge and go with the USU choirs on a trip to Cancun. Today was our first full day in Cancun and it's been so much fun and such an adventure.
Yesterday we spent over six hours on an airplane, plus a layover and all that jazz. It was actually quite fun for me because it was my first time in an airplane. (Well unless you count when I was 5 weeks old!) But I don't think it was quite as much fun for everyone else, especially Mike. We better be rich so that we can fly first class for the rest of our lives so he can actually fit. :)
Today we went and performed for a preparatory high school. The teachers were saying that an hour before the concert 12 teachers couldn't control the approx. 150 kids and they were so quiet and good during our concert. The guy that is arranging stuff for us said he leaned over the ask a few kids to stop talking and realized that they were talking about the music. It was a really fun experience. Of course, we had the kids that were trying to sneak pictures of Mike and then others that would just walk up to him and ask for his picture, but he handled it well.
I think Mike has loved getting to use his Spanish a little more and I sure have enjoyed it. I feel more comfortable knowing I have somebody that can communicate with everyone.
The sad part is that today when we got to the beach Mike jumped in and hit a rock really hard. It's a long story, but basically he couldn't put pressure on it at all so we had some people help him to the car and we got him back to the hotel. He's been sitting here with ice on it. It's way swollen and bruised. We are all just praying that it will be better on Saturday because we're spending the whole day at Chichen Itza.
Well, that's the most recent update. I'll maybe update one more time before we leave and then I'll put up all the pictures once we are back in frigid Logan.

4 comments:

Jake and Madi said...

that's so cool you guys are in cancun! sorry about mike though, i hope he gets better soon! chichen itza is a blast, have fun you two!

Heidi said...

FUN!! And I totally know how you feel about having someone with you who can actually communicate with all the people in a foreign country (aren't missions a great thing? and husbands?). :) Hope Mike's foot gets better! Poor kid hurts his feet a lot, huh? j/k

Fry's said...

Oh, I'm so glad you decided to go!! Tell Mike to get better and have a blast, both of you!!

Leah Re-Etta said...

words just aren't enough...we need pictures! :) love ya! (I'm so glad you guys went to Cancun...it wouldn't have been the same without you:)