Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I cooked a roast!

I know that it's no amazing feat to cook a roast - you just put it in the crock pot and a few hours you have a delicious roast! But I've never cooked a roast before, so it was a significant moment for me. :) It made me feel all wifey (not a real word) and like I'm finally getting to be grown up and be just like my mom! I've waited all my life for that! Anyway, here's a proud picture of me and my roast (in all honesty it was a tad bit dry, but nothing that gravy can't cure) and also a picture of my cute husband anxious to eat his Sunday dinner.

4 comments:

Little Guy Ties said...

yumm...that looks so good! Gosh I have never cooked a meal like that for Brian...not kidding! We still go to his moms house for Sunday dinner...that way he can get a good home cooked meal!

Katrina said...

so i've cooked a few roasts in my year as a wife, the best was when i accidentally boiled the roast... i put too much water in it. it was really chewy. yeah. so a little bit of a dry roast is better than a chewy boiled roast.

Tiffany said...

Now I am the one laughing out loud!:) Congratulations on your culinary masterpiece...I am very very impressed...on the advice of medical professionals, Bryan does all of the hard core cooking now :)

Anonymous said...

Ah, good job Heidi! Practice makes perfect. You know what makes for a good roast...a little cream of mushroom soup and a packet of lipton onion soup mix. It's hard to get a dry roast with those ingredients. Give 'er a try sometime. Hope you guys are well!