Monday, February 17, 2014

Time to Document - 1st Month

Ok, it's really past time to document, but the best time is now right?

Currently I'm 25 weeks pregnant and have only written in my journal twice.  So my goal is to go back through each month and blog about what has been happening.  It may end up being long and tedious, but my memory is horrible so I better so it soon.  

Month 1:

For those who don't know or hadn't assumed we have had quite the time getting pregnant.  I've spent lots of time the endocrinologist and OB over the past 4 years.  Tons of blood tests and other tests.  We were told that I have PCOS and that my body wasn't ovulating at all, but that there isn't much that can be done about either of those things except to wait and hope.  At the beginninng of 2013 we started trying fertility drugs (Clomid) and they were unsuccessful.  My doctor was so great at doing an ultrasound each time to see if the drugs worked, which made our life a little less stressful.  When we went to Maryland things were too crazy to keep trying Clomid, but as soon as we got back I went back to the doctor and asked to try and similar drug called Femara.  I tried it in August and went in for the ultrasound and the doctor told me that I was going to ovulate.  I was so shocked!!!  We were so happy!  It was great.  I think both of us felt like it was finally our time.  Then came the month of patiently waiting to see if we were really pregnant.  I took one pregnancy test three weeks later, but the second pink line was so faint we weren't sure, so we waited a few days and tried again.  I woke up the middle of the night and was so excited to take the test that I couldn't sleep, so I just got up and took it.  So we found out at 3:30 in the morning that I was pregnant.  We both laughed and cried and were so excited!  I couldn't go back to sleep because I was so excited so I was pretty tired the next day, but who cares! :)
               We actually ended up telling all of our parents the next day.  They were all so excited for us!  Both of our moms cried. One of the reasons we decided to tell them so quickly is because they were worried about us because coincidentally the day that we found out we were pregnant we were also robbed. 

The Rafferty's were in town for a recruiting trip that James was doing at ASU, so Amy actually had come over to our house that day to hang out with Nora and she found out door open wide.  She said it didn't look like anything was gone, but she wasn't sure.  She called Mike and ended up picking him up from ASU.  He had the cops come and dust for fingerprints and file a report.  He also got our apartment maintenance to come and secure the door that night and they came back the next day to replace our door with a much more secure door.  In the end, we discovered the robbers took both our laptops and our tablet.  About $3000 worth of technology.  We were really bummed, but were having some really weird mixed feelings because we were also so happy that we were finally going to have a baby!  It was definitely a weird day.  
             We spent the month being so happy dreaming about our future and talking about plans.  It is so unreal that this is really happening for us!  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS! That is so wonderful! The pregnancy part! It's crazy you got robbed. Thanks for sharing. It's fun to keep in touch with all the old 12th ward originals.

Debra said...

Can't wait to read more about your other months. :)

So crazy that the highs and lows in our lives seems to come along at the same time. I'm so happy for you both and was happy to read about the journey you've been on over the last year +. Most of those details I was unaware of. Love you both!

Lori said...

So fun to be reminded of that exciting day!