This is an update Mike put on the Mabey family blog, but I thought I'd copy it onto here so everyone can read it!
As many of you know, I've been waiting since the end of January to hear how the sequestration would affect my internship this summer. As a reminder, I got a scholarship from the DoD that gives me a job after I graduate and requires me to spend my summers doing an internship. There was a chance that due to budget cuts there would be no funding for interns, but all I ever heard was speculation and a promise that more information would be sent out when there were more definite circumstances.
I finally spoke to someone at the NSA this week about all this, and was reassured that funding for staffing wouldn't be negatively affected enough for interns to not have to report. Sorry, that was a complicated way of saying that we will for sure be going to Maryland for the summer. It sounds like they want me there for as long as possible to give me as much experience there as I can get, but I'm done with school at the end of April and Heidi's school doesn't get out until the end of May so I'll be there by myself for a month. :(
As things are right now, I don't have specific dates of going and returning, but we're still trying to figure out living details such as where we can live, viable options for transportation, etc. We've got a lot to do between now and then, but it should be a fun experience.
Wish us luck!
4 comments:
Congrats!! I hope we can come and see you at some point while you live there. PS--I'm proud of you for posting on the blog:)
Any update on when you have to report to Maryland?
We still don't know... I am planning on going around the beginning of June, but Mike still doesn't have a start date. He's assuming it will be the 2nd or 3rd week of May. We do have a place to live, car to drive, and someone to live in our place in AZ so we are making SOME progress. :)
WOw! Sounds like a big adventure. Do you know how long you'll be in Maryland? We're going to be moving sometime at the end of the summer, and it would be absolutely PATHETIC if we lived only a few hours away from each other and never saw each other in 2 years... but so life goes sometimes.
Post a Comment