I HAVE A JOB!!!
Yes, it's true, by some miracle I was able to obtain a teaching job in this dreadful Arizona economy. I am the newest 5th grade (yes 5th grade - scary!) teacher at Saddleback Elementary School in Maricopa. It's a commute of about 30 minutes, but the commute doesn't involve driving towards Phoenix, so I'll take it. :)
I start tomorrow morning - 8 o'clock on the dot. It's possibly the most terrifying thing I have done in my life, but we'll see. I'll let you know after tomorrow. The scariest part is that I have a week, yes 1 week, before school starts. It starts a week from tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes you can all start praying for me now. :) I think I'll be ok, it sounds like there are a lot of helpful teachers around that will help me along the way. I can do it!
Anyway, wanted to share that exciting bit of news quick. I'm hoping to do a good job of documenting this adventure, but I'm expecting it to be largely time consuming. I'll try.
4 comments:
That's Great- Best of Luck!
YAY!!! Oh congrats Heidi! You'll love it. It will be overwhelming, time consuming, and you'll want to pull your hair out sometimes, but its so worth it. I'm so excited for you. And jealous. I wish I could teach this year, too. Do not feel like an inconvenience asking your team for help. Trust me, lean on those experienced teachers. They are there to help you. Good luck! Please let me know how it goes. Oh, and dont feel bad right at first if your walls feel a little bare in your room, they'll get better as you go. Plus, you dont want too much as a distraction anyway. Oh yay! I'm so excited for you. You'll do AWESOME! And dont hesitate to ask me anything too! Remember, I was JUST there too!
hooray!!! So excited and nervous and remembering all that rush of emotions that I went through and imagining what you are feeling right now. It will be great - you'll have to humble yourself and ask for help and guidance - even if it seems like a stupid question or like everyone else knows whats going on when you don't. I am excited to hear how your week goes and maybe we'll call you guys this weekend to wish you more luck for your first day with kids!
Good luck Heidi!!! You're going to be great!
Post a Comment