Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I'm finally done!

Yet again, it's been a while! But I have a good excuse! I've been finishing up my bachelors degree! Hallelujah!!!!! It feels really great to be done! I finished student teaching, turned in my portfolio, and looked at pictures off of USU's website of what my graduation looked like. Mike just finished his finals today and my graduation would have been this past Saturday, so there was no (feasible) way for us to get to Utah in time. But that's ok. It still feels wonderful to be done!

Now my job is to find a job. I think job hunting would have to bee on my top 3 list of things I hate. But that's ok too! I've been looking, but things seem to be pretty bleak. There's a big proposition that is hopefully going to pass here in Arizona that will raise the sales tax in order to have more funding for education. If it passes then there will be quite a few more openings and hopefully I can find something. I've been told that it will probably be July before I know anything though. Fun fun!

Our lives are great though! We've just finished up the crazy holiday season for our little family. My b-day April 9th, Mike's April 29th, and our Anniversary on May 10th. It makes for a lot of presents (or the lack there-of) and dinner dates in a short amount of time. We had a lot of fun though! We did Chinese for my b-day, Italian for Mike's, and made homemade pita's for our anniversary. We ended up having a blast on our anniversary! Mike somehow managed to get most of the day off work, so we hung out and did nothing! It was great! We watched "Somewhere In Time" (tear) while we ate a fancy breakfast and mostly lounged around, but in the afternoon we decided to head out to the mall. I know it's cheesy, but since the 2nd anniversary is the cotton anniversary we bought each other new cotton t-shirts (pictures to come), plus this awesome game:

We've had a lot of fun playing it every day since. :)

Our plan for the summer is to hang out here in Tempe and cook...we're kind of dreading the heat, but it's been in the low 80's so far this week = heaven! Mike has funding to keep doing his research - he has to have his thesis proposal ready and proposed (?) by the beginning of fall semester. My plan is to spend a lot of time applying for teaching positions and work almost full time doing Mad Science Summer Camps. It's the same after school program I was doing this past fall, but full time during the summer. It should be a lot of fun and it will give me a good amount of free time to find jobs.

I'm really hoping to get better about updating my blog, so hopefully that will actually happen.

3 comments:

Katrina said...

YAY!! Congrats for being done. Oh it feels so good. Now I'm just aching to have the next 10 days done so that I can say I'm no longer a 1st year teacher.

Lori said...

We are SO SO SO proud of you! You made it in just four years, which is better than either one of your parents can say for themselves. You are one smart girl. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on graduating! I love ticket to ride! I want to buy it someday!